Saturday, January 2, 2010

Commenting Change


Because I've had such a problem with spammers lately (I think they're all from Japan... go figure, I'm not a 'Rice Queen'), I'm now moderating the comments. I really don't worry too much about comments--some people like what I do; others don't--I let them all slide. However, the spammers piss me off. I'm not sending my readers to some crappy site that may or may not download viruses. That shit sucks.

So, if you're inclined to comment, it won't post until I approve it. Trust me, I'll approve it, unless you're selling something... then, you're out.

Speaking of, I've had a few people ask if I could post something about their project/site and I've done it. It's all about asking and synergy (if their site is similar in focus as mine, I have no problem promoting someone else--note all my links).

That said, note that I have NOT monetized this site. I'm not here to make a profit (considering I've liberally "borrowed" my pictures from others, I find it rather inappropriate to do so).

---

Okay... and back to the dirty stories (I promise I'll post something soon--my Christmas was, as always, eventful to say the least [boyfriend + nephew = A Very Merry Christmas!].

13 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I hope you figure out what is going on. I love your blog.
Ray

Deleted said...

Boyfriend and nephew!? Whoa, can't wait to read that post!! DAMN! -Dan

Stroke Addict said...

I had the same problem with my blog and ended up having to approve comments too.

Supplicant said...

Hey RL,

We keep hearing about The Boyfriend. Does this mean at some point, we're going to get a hot, steamy, post-modern, queer LOVE STORY? 'Cause you know, as much as a hornball as I am, I'm a sucker for a good gay love story. And as far as living a love story goes, it sounds like you're finally getting what you deserve.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

KEPLER23BCN said...

Hello boy when you turn?

I see that this blog of your blogroll is closed:

http://flipflopsboy.blogspot.com/
http://famouslikeme.blogspot.com/
http://barepartyboys.blogspot.com/
http://adonis-and-narcissus.blogspot.com/
http://crookedvein.blogspot.com/

One kis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(awk)Word said...

KEPLER23BCN - I think I know what you're saying. I've been back. Crooked Vein (as well as the other links you listed) was blocked by Google (who never responded to my repeated requests).

Crooked Vein 2 has replaced Crooked Vein. (http://crookedvein2.blogspot.com)

Bubby said...

Nice blog, thanks.

I love different perspectives as i find myself pursuing this journey.

www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

(awk)Word said...

Bubby, I like your blog and I love a different perspective.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

(awk)Word said...

Anonymous... I don't use a copy editor. However, if you're asking if my articles are copywritten, the answer is yes.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

i really adore your posting taste, very helpful,
don't give up and keep penning due to the fact it simply worth to follow it.
excited to looked over more of your current articles, thanks!